G I Expedition
The Valley of Mountain Gods
Gasherbrum I, surveyed as K5 and also known as Hidden Peak, is the 11th highest mountain in the world at 8,080 meters above sea level. Gasherbrum is often claimed to mean “Shining Wall”, presumably a reference to the highly visible face of the neighboring peak Gasherbrum IV; but in fact, it comes from “rgasha” (beautiful) + “brum” (mountain) in Balti, hence it actually means “beautiful mountain.”
|JOIN OUR GASHERBRUM II EXPEDITION 2020 – 2021|
|SUMMER EXPEDITION 2020||15 JUN – 04 AUG 2020|
|AUTUMN EXPEDITION 2020||05 OCT – 15 NOV 2020|
|WINTER EXPEDITION 2021||10 JAN – 25 FEB 2021|
- Range: Karakoram Ranges
- Altitude: Min: 600m – Max: 8,080 m
- Zone: Permitted
- Duration: 50 Days
- Best Time: Mid May – End September
- Activities: Horse riding, Trekking, Sightseeing, Cultural Exploration, Singing
Gasherbrum I is one to the “least popular” of the 8000 meter peaks. It still has less than 200 ascents and is in tenth spot on the ascent-list for the 8000 meter peaks. It is also one of the peaks with least deaths, but this probably has to do with the fact that only really experienced mountaineers try a peak as difficult at Gasherbrum I.
The most common way to climb the peak is to attack on the western side and all routes here leads to “The Japanese Couloir”, which is located on top of the north-west face. The first ascent (1958) was made via Spur Peak and then via the long south east ridge to the summit.
We have gained a reputation for success on 8000m peaks; much is to do with the strength of support we put in place. On Gasherbrum, we add considerable strength to our team by our team of Pakistani high altitude porters who have already climbed the magnificent peak much time.
DepartureIslamabad - Islamabad
- Government trekking permit fees/paperwork.
- The royalty fee for Mountain Climbing
- Licensed professional guide (government requirement)
- LO expense at Base camp.
- Airport transfer on first and last day
- All domestic flights and transfers
- Road transport in Pakistan
- Hotel accommodation in Pakistan (twin sharing rooms)
- Trekking accommodation in Pakistan (2 person tent per person)
- Hotel meals in Pakistan (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Trekking meals in Pakistan (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Base Camp food - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- All camping site fees and bridge fees
- Trekking logistics (tents, non-personal equipment, and tools)
- Support staff (cook, assistant(s), etc.)
- Porters for trekking equipment, kitchen (supplies, tools, equipment, crockery, gas) and personal luggage
- Porters for mountaineering equipment
What's not included?
- International airfare
- Emergency Evacuation.
- High altitude equipment, clothing items, and high altitude food.
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal equipment (list provided on registration or request)
- Tips for guides, porters, staff, etc.
- Miscellaneous (drinks, phone calls, laundry, souvenir, etc.)
**Before requesting to register with us for this trip, we encourage intending participant that he/she should read and understand the following terms and conditions. Kindly note it, Do this tour at your own risk. For any query about the plan, please contact the mentioned contacts.
- Form of payment:
- Cancellation & Refund:
- Change of Itinerary:
- Ethical Considerations:
- Team Work:
- Cultural Considerations:
- Environmental Care